NBA: Clippers, Kawhi Leonard rout Warriors

By the Associated Press SAN FRANCISCO — Kawhi Leonard sure knows how to spoil Golden State’s fun. Los Angeles Clippers’ Kawhi Leonard (2) shoots next to Golden State Warriors’ Glenn Robinson III (22) during the first half of an NBA basketball game Thursday, Oct. 24, 2019, in San Francisco. (AP Photo/Ben Margot) Leonard did itContinue reading “NBA: Clippers, Kawhi Leonard rout Warriors”

MLB: Astros fire executive over domestic violence taunts

By Agence France-Presse The Houston Astros have fired an executive who taunted a group of female reporters about a member of the team who had been banned for domestic violence, the Major League Baseball franchise announced Thursday. In this file photo taken on October 19, 2019 Roberto Osuna #54 of the Houston Astros reacts afterContinue reading “MLB: Astros fire executive over domestic violence taunts”

Elwin Soto repulses Edward Heno to retain WBO crown

By Nick Giongco Filipino challenger Edward Heno scored a third-round knockdown but failed to step on the gas in the final rounds and blew his chance of scoring an upset win over World Boxing Organization (WBO) light-flyweight champion Elwin Soto of Mexico Friday in Indio, California. Edward Heno, right, mixes it up with Mexican ElwinContinue reading “Elwin Soto repulses Edward Heno to retain WBO crown”

Pole vaulter EJ Obiena opts to train in Italy

By Nick Giongco Rising pole vaulter EJ Obiena has decided to spend the remaining days of his training for the 30th Southeast Asian Games in Italy, where conditions and facilities should enable him to maintain his top form. EJ Obiena Obiena had earlier wanted to stay behind until the SEAG formally starts but was compelledContinue reading “Pole vaulter EJ Obiena opts to train in Italy”

Oscar De La Hoya denies accusations in sexual assault lawsuit

By the Associated Press LOS ANGELES — Boxing promoter Oscar De La Hoya denies accusations of sexual assault contained in a lawsuit filed against him this week. In this Sept. 13, 2017 file photo, Oscar de la Hoya speaks during a news conference in Las Vegas. De La Hoya denies accusations of sexual assault containedContinue reading “Oscar De La Hoya denies accusations in sexual assault lawsuit”

UFC: Conor McGregor says return fight set for January

By the Associated Press MOSCOW — Conor McGregor will return to mixed martial arts in January with a UFC fight in Las Vegas. The Irish fighter said Thursday he will return “fully focused” on Jan. 18 at the T-Mobile Arena. UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) fighter Conor McGregor gestures during a news conference in Moscow, Russia,Continue reading “UFC: Conor McGregor says return fight set for January”

MLB: Donald Trump says he’ll attend World Series if it goes to 5th game

By the Associated Press WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump says he is planning to attend the World Series on Sunday if it goes to a fifth game. President Donald Trump speaks about attending the World Series as he departs a Presidential Medal of Freedom ceremony for auto racing great Roger Penske in the Oval OfficeContinue reading “MLB: Donald Trump says he’ll attend World Series if it goes to 5th game”

PBA: Allein Maliksi goes to Meralco in revised trade with Blackwater

By Jonas Terrado The PBA Commissioner’s Office on Friday approved the revised trade between Meralco and Blackwater that will pave the way for eight-year swingman Allein Maliksi to switch teams. In this file photo, Allein Maliksi, who will be sent to the Meralco Bolts, fires a jumper against Magnolia’s Aldrech Ramos in PBA Governors’ Cup.Continue reading “PBA: Allein Maliksi goes to Meralco in revised trade with Blackwater”

Organizers postpone 2nd round of Zozo Championship

By the Associated Press INZAI CITY, Japan — Heavy rain washed out the second round of the Zozo Championship on Friday in the PGA Tour’s first tournament in Japan. Spectators wait for shuttle buses in the rain at the gate after the second round of the Zozo Championship PGA Tour is postponed due to heavyContinue reading “Organizers postpone 2nd round of Zozo Championship”

NBA: Cavs, Osman agree on 4-year contract extension — source

By the Associated Press CLEVELAND — A person familiar with the negotiations says the Cavaliers and starting forward Cedi Osman have agreed to a four-year, $30.8 million contract extension. Cleveland Cavaliers forward Cedi Osman (16) looks for a way around Orlando Magic’s Nikola Vucevic (9) during the second half of an NBA basketball game Wednesday,Continue reading “NBA: Cavs, Osman agree on 4-year contract extension — source”

Design a site like this with WordPress.com
Get started