Seven-man PH boxing team completes 14-day home quarantine — ABAP

By Waylon Galvez The seven-man national boxing team that participated in the 2020 Asia and Oceania Boxing Olympic Qualifying Tournament last month in Amman, Jordan has recently completed the required 14-day self-quarantine being implemented in the country’s fight against the coronavirus (COVID-19). Boxers Eumir Felix Marcial and Irish Magno qualified for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.Continue reading “Seven-man PH boxing team completes 14-day home quarantine — ABAP”

Former PH water polo skipper leads his barangay in fight against COVID-19

By Waylon Galvez Two weeks ago, when President Duterte announced a month-long implementation of the Enhanced Community Quarantine, he put emphasis on the role of barangays in enforcing the rules and regulations in the government’s effort to fight the deadly COVID-19. Former water polo national team Dale Evangelista, left, barangay captain in District 1 in Manila, leadsContinue reading “Former PH water polo skipper leads his barangay in fight against COVID-19”

Manny Pacquiao sends relief goods to the poor in GenSan

By Nick Giongco While he is on self-imposed quarantine in Metro Manila, Sen. Manny Pacquiao isn’t turning his back on constituents in his hometown of General Santos City and the neighboring province of Sarangani. David Sisson (in black), a close aide of Sen. Manny Pacquiao, presides over the delivery of relief goods for the poorContinue reading “Manny Pacquiao sends relief goods to the poor in GenSan”

Amid COVID-19 pandemic, 110 to 120 beds to be installed at Ninoy Aquino Stadium

By Nick Giongco The recently-refurbished Ninoy Aquino Stadium (NAS) can be reconfigured to accommodate 110-120 beds for the purpose of housing patients with mild symptoms of COVID-19, the Philippine Sports Commission (PSC) said on Thursday. Personnel from the DPWH set up the Ninoy Aquino Stadium as a temporary shelter for coronavirus patients. (PSC photo) PSCContinue reading “Amid COVID-19 pandemic, 110 to 120 beds to be installed at Ninoy Aquino Stadium”

PBA: Defense, hustle plays are what I can bring to TNT — Poy Erram

By Jonas Terrado Poy Erram said it remains to be seen if he’ll be the missing piece TNT KaTropa needed in order to finally win a championship. “Parang hirap din sagutin yang tanong na yan kasi unless naglaro na kami, dun pa lang malalaman,” Erram said. TNT KaTropa’s newly acquired center Poy Erram (PBA Images)Continue reading “PBA: Defense, hustle plays are what I can bring to TNT — Poy Erram”

Boxers, Muay Thai, mixed martial artists to get support — GAB chairman Baham Mitra

By Nick Giongco The names of licensed boxers, Muay Thai practitioners and mix-martial artists and their respective trainers and seconds numbering 1,133 will be submitted to the Department of Social Welfare and Development for them to avail of the government’s social amelioration program. Games and Amusements Board (GAB) chairman Baham Mitra In a letter datedContinue reading “Boxers, Muay Thai, mixed martial artists to get support — GAB chairman Baham Mitra”

‘Dry land’ workouts for PH swimmers amid COVID-19 pandemic

By Waylon Galvez Despite the difficulties with the implementation of lockdowns here and abroad because of COVID-19, members of the national swimming team continue to find ways to stay in shape with regular training sessions. Philippines’ Remedy Rule swims during the women’s 200-meter butterfly in the 30th Southeast Asian Games at the Aquatics Center ofContinue reading “‘Dry land’ workouts for PH swimmers amid COVID-19 pandemic”

Sander Severino, Janelle Mae Frayna rule online chess tourneys

By Kristel Satumbaga Asian Para Games gold medalist Sander Severino and Woman Grandmaster Janelle Mae Frayna came through with contrasting results Wednesday night to emerge champions in their respective online chess tournaments. FIDE Master Severino, who is confined to a wheelchair since being diagnosed with muscle dystrophy at a young age, reigned supreme in theContinue reading “Sander Severino, Janelle Mae Frayna rule online chess tourneys”

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban sees NBA return but no idea when

By Agence France-Presse Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said Wednesday he expects the NBA will have some sort of resumption to a season halted by coronavirus (COVID-19) but has no clue when it might start. Mark Cuban, owner of the Dallas Mavericks (Photo by Kevin C. Cox / GETTY IMAGES NORTH AMERICA / AFP) The 61-year-oldContinue reading “Mavericks owner Mark Cuban sees NBA return but no idea when”

World boxing champion Anthony Joshua has ‘lost close ones’ due to COVID-19

By Agence France-Presse World heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua revealed on Wednesday he has “lost close ones” due to the coronavirus (COVID-19). World boxing heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua (Tolga AKMEN / AFP) Joshua’s title defense against IBF mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev was scheduled for June. But the Briton’s bout is set to be rescheduled due toContinue reading “World boxing champion Anthony Joshua has ‘lost close ones’ due to COVID-19”

Design a site like this with WordPress.com
Get started